Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Saturday, June 26, 2010

"God is in the details"

When I was at CIT (Center for Intercultural Training) doing ministry training, I received an email from Joanna, my contact in TZ. She wanted to know if I was going to be buying a car there. I said yes, and jokingly told her she could be looking for one for me. She asked what kind I wanted, and said a couple of friends of ours, Josh and Renee, were looking to sell theirs. I knew them when I was there, and we had this Southern connection as they were from Boone, NC. I told her I had liked my RAV4 when I was there, so that would be fine.

Back story: When I came back to the US 3 years ago, I needed to buy a car the following year, and really wanted a Honda CRV. But, this car would be Quinn's (my nephew), and I thought that might be too much car for a first time driver, so I went with another Civic. I was thinking, maybe my next car can be a CRV.

Present: Joanna emailed me back that they were trying to sell their.............. Honda CRV! She said I could email him about it, but that they were out of the country. Something (Someone?) told me that they were on furlough in NC (where I was!). We exchanged emails, and sure enough, they were in Myrtle Beach but heading to NC that weekend. On Monday, we talked, I drove into town and transferred money from my account to theirs! I have a car already waiting for me in TZ! Josh even said, "Miriam, we don't know why that car hasn't sold, yet." I said, "I do. It's my car!"
Today when I told that story at lunch, my parents' preacher's wife said, "God is in the details." I thought that was a great summary!

No comments:

Post a Comment