Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Friday, August 13, 2010

Saying good-bye is never easy

Today we say good-bye to our student/teachers, some for a longer time than others, and it's just never easy. We've been together 6 weeks now, and I feel like I'm just getting started - how can it be time for them to leave already? Of course, I'll see 6of them every other week beginning the end of August as we go out to Karanse to mentor, but some of the others I may not see for months. They're going to miss each other, too, so today is very bittersweet.
It is made a little better by 3 things: I'm going into town this afternoon to pick up my 2 packages that have been here for a week, we're having dinner at Khan's (more on that later - you've got to hear about this!), and I'm going on a day safari tomorrow to Arusha National Park, one I've never been to before, so I'm really looking forward to it. More on that after I get back.
Now, Khan's. For anyone who's been here on a short-term team, you've eaten there, but for any others, it is pretty hard to explain. By day, it's an auto parts shop, by night it's a sidewalk Indain tandoori chicken/beef restaurant! It's actually one of my favorite places to eat here, and it's always a treat to take new people there. We have a couple of new people on base who haven't been before, so we're going tonight for dinner. It's also turned cold (50's maybe), and since we'll be eating outside, we may have to bundle up, but that's even more fun! And the food will warm us up! I'll try to include a picture of that and safari next time I get to download pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment