Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Baby Shower!

The day after my birthday was Joanna's baby shower. She and Simon still don't know what they're having, so we had to do a generic-gender party. I spent the entire morning making the cake, and took a picture of it to post here (mostly for my mom), but apparently the memory card wasn't in completely, or it was full, or something, so the picture ended up on my camera's hardware, not the memory card! As soon as I can figue out how to get that on here, I'll post it. It was the cutest giant baby rattle!

The shower was at Arusha Coffee Lodge, which is a lovely place with wonderful outdoor seating under the trees, but it was so cool and overcast I kept wishing we were inside by the fire! We had hot drinks with our cake, and Joanna got some lovely and some practical gifts for her elephant-themed nursery; we are in Afrca, after all! She and Simon leave next Monday for New Zealand, and will come back in mid-January with the newest addition to the Joshua Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment