Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Friday, January 6, 2012

What's new this week

Mouse found in kitchen cabinets!

Caught in trap 2 days later! (Sure looked smaller in the trap. Hope it was the same one!!)

A couple of students came back to school and had to take their make-up exams. I still have to grade those, but exams are finally finished!

Saw another couple of student teachers who are back to teach here at Joshua Primary School for their block teaching practice. That was fun. It's been lonely here without them!

Went to water aerobics Wednesday morning. Brrrr! Class was supposed to start at 8:30 (a.m.), but the instructor was running late, and it started at 9. I, however, was in the water at 8:30, so I got an hour and a half of exercise. Boy, did my calves let me know yesterday morning. Was so good to have an actual class, though, as opposed to me dong my own thing at a local hotel pool. I like that, but I really like class, too. I'm going to go again tomorrow morning, hopefully.

We have 1 more week here at En Gedi before we start heading out to schools, so I'm trying to make the most of it - getting caught up on laundry, sleeping in my own bed, fixing my own meals, etc. My first trip will be to Kondoa, a 98% Muslim village, and prayer calls begin at 5. Since there's a mosque every couple of yards, there's no way to miss that! We'll stay at a guest house and eat all our meals "out," so I won't be able to determine much of what I eat. Variety will be limited. However, I am so excited to be getting back in schools and seeing our teachers and past teachers I taught when I was here before. Sarah and I will be there for a week, going there and back on a bus, about 6-8 hours each way! Better than taking my car, however!

The newest picture is of me in my Barack Obama kanga robe. I keep forgetting his picture is on the back, and it surprised Linda when I would walk by her. She took the picture on my balcony one morning after our morning tea together. I like the front better which is maps of Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment