Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Friday, December 30, 2011

Wonderful Christmas vacation!

It's been such a great 2 weeks - no time to blog! I have taken Linda to most of my favorite places; a couple of restaurants have been closed, so we had to miss those, but we've covered quite a few others! Lodges, swimming (for me!), eating out, eating at home (eatng played a big part in our time!), the Cultural Heritage Center, shopping, movies on DVD, a couple of different churches, including the one in Swahili Christmas Eve! Our favorite thing was a trip to Karanse, where teacher Upendo had us to lunch. So special and a great time with her family. We also visited with Godfrey's family and Moses's family. They couldn't say enough great things about Linda comng all that way during Christmas. Reminded them of the Wise Men and their visit to Bethlehem!

We spent the first week at my friend Jenny's dog-sitting for Stupidhead, I mean Simba! She's 3 and 1/2 months old and just wild! We kept her outside as much as possible! Got up before 6 every morning to let her out and dozed after that as long as she'd let me, which was usually before 8. Snce it was my vacation, that was a bit of a drag, but I've made up for it this week, back at my house.

Really nice time on Christmas day, mostly with the Joshua Team, the few of us left here, and talking with family and friends that night via skype and phone. A few more family members this week, so that's been good, too.

Linda and her suitcase and 1/2 for me made it here fine, so that was a big part of my Christmas! I also sent things back with her that I won't be needing till I go home because I'm trying to figure out how to get everything back at this point.

Holidays end next week, then it's back to work. Hope I can remember how after all this time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment