Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Livestock as luggage!

Several times, whether on the dala-dala or the bus, people have gotten on with live chickens. they are usually in plastic bags, with their heads sticking out. The people just set them on the floor by their feet for the journey, like carry-on bags!

Yesterday, while waiting for the Kondoa-Arusha bus to leave, I saw a woman come up to our bus, leading a goat! I thought, this should be interesting. There's hardly room on the bus for all the people who squeeze on, and I couldn't imagine a goat in that crowd. However, they opened up the baggage compartment under the bus and shoved the goat in there! I had hoped, for the goat's sake, that they weren't going far, but they got off just before us in Arusha, 6 hours later!I watched, and while he looked a little dazed, the goat seemed to be fine. So, apparently, goats are checked bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment