Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tanzanian garage sales and movies

Just this past week, I got to go to a garage sale that a local couple were having. There are always people moving in and out of the area, as people go home on furlough, their assignment with the UN ends, etc. This particular couple were selling their son and daughter-in-laws things, so there were lots of children's DVD's, books, puzzles, etc. - a big temptation, but nothing I was looing for. I am, however, looking for a couple more things for my bedroom and patio, so I did some more looing on Saturday at a second-hand furniture store and a new (expensive) show room, just getting an idea of what's available and how much to expect for it all to cost.
There ia great cinema complex here that opened right before I left the last time I lived here. It has a grocery store, several restuarants, shop, and a movie theatre that shows American and Indian movies. I met a friend for lunch and a movie on Saturday. Doesn't that sound "normal" and not like a missionary, at all?! But, today, back to computer and PE classes!
I wanted to attach a picture of my house and car. That's my patio on the upper left, with my bedroom right behind there. When I move out into the village of Karanse, I'll post a completely different view of where I'll be living!
Happy birthday to my dad yesterday! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment