Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm here!

I really am now "Teacher Miriam IN Tanzania!" I arrived Saturday night and met the teacher/students this morning. Today is their orientation day, and I start by assisting in teaching them "Sports" this afternoon and computer tomorrow. How hysterical that those are the 2 courses I'm responsible for! It is like the staff asked, "What can we get Miriam to teach that will really show God's strength through her weakness?!" Then, that's what they picked! If there are 2 things I am less competent in, I can't think what they are!!

Many people have asked where I'll be living, and my answer has been vague, as I didn't really know myself. I knew I'd be living at the college, and I knew the house (yes, a "real" house, for those who can't picture it). They even gave me the master bedroom so I have my own bathroom, large closet, and even a balcony patio of my own. This is where I'll be for the next 6 weeks, then every other week once I start mentoring in the village.

Also, every night this week I am having dinner with a different family here at the college to help me settle in. And since my much anticipated car had a dead battery yesterday and I didn't get to go to church or do a big grocery run, that's a good thing.

No jet lag, 2 good nights' sleep, and I'm ready to begin!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you arrived safely! I've been praying for you and thinking about you and am so glad you decided to do the blog. I'm not generally a fan, but I think this is a great way to get info to as many people as possible.
    Let me know if you need anything. Much love! mb

    ReplyDelete