Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Eye Doctor, Part 1

For a few weeks my vision has been blurry in my left eye, so I went to the optician first (if that's the who does glasses), and he checked my vision, then called to an opthamologist (if that's the other one) down the street and asked if she could see me (no pun intended!). Once I found the hospital and the eye department (wouldn't you think they'd make those signs more obvious?!), the sister there put drops in my eyes to check for pressure, which was fine, then she asked me if I'd driven myself. When I said yes, she grimaced, and so I asked her why. She told me she'd have to put drops in my left eye to dilate it, and it would take 6-8 hours to go back to normal! I asked if I could drive with one eye closed, and she said yes. (Most people probably do, anyway!) After that, she checked for catatacts but didn't find one. She said it looked like it might be my retina, but she couldn't be sure. KCMC is a very well recognized hospital in Moshi with an eye clinic that is considered one of the best, and she made me an appointment with a doctor there on Friday, saying to make sure someone drives me as they will dlate both eyes then.

More when I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment