Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How I Spent My.....

Tuesday and Wednesday this week! I had so many errands to run in town that I was planning one whole day of errands, just not Tuesday. I have Home Group (church Bible Study) on Tuesday nights, and since I always make desserts, I needed to not have that riding around in my car all day, and Njiro Road is not the kind of road you want to drive up and down more than once every few days! But, Godfrey, our Karanse headmaster was coming to Arusha on Tuesday, and I needed to meet wth him, so I made part of the dessert in the morning before I left, with plans to finish it when I got home and before I turned around and went back out. I figured I could also run some of my errands then and just go back another day this week, which turned out to be today, also not my choice!

So, in 2 days, I did the following: bought a phone card and supplies for church refreshments; met with Godfrey (and spoke to everyone else at Imara, naturally!); realized my computer was on the blink, so dropped it off at the computer shop, went back and picked it up today; had a pair of sandals fixed (by a man on the street); had a pair of reading glasses fixed; made an app't wth an eye doctor (more on that in the next blog); went back today for the eye app't; went to the post office twice to mail packages; had lunch; did some grocery shopping (some of it from a man on the street, too!); picked up some printer paper for someone at Joshua who had forgotten it on his trip into town and saw me there; went to ATM for money for all of these transactions; and found numerous parkiing spots and paid about 25 cents for an hour in each one because, of course, these were not close to each other! The whole thing, at a Super Wal-mart would have taken about an hour and a half, and I could have gotten a pedicure, too, but where would the challenge be in that?!

I did make it home yesterday in plenty of time to finish the dessert and go back into town for Home Group, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment