Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Monday, March 5, 2012

International Festival – and a chili dog!

This past Saturday was the International Festival at the International School of Moshi/Arusha, one of the big private schools here. Don, an Aussie here on base for a while, and I went to it, not really knowing what to expect, but I was secretly hoping food was involved – my favorite part of any “festival!” There were booths manned by parents at the school representing India, Holland, Sweden, Canada, and yes, the USA! I was probably too excited to see that they were serving chili dogs and chocolate cake! But, that didn’t stop me from having one of each! Not the best I’ve ever had, but definitely the best I’ve had in Tanzania! I also had some really good Swedish chocolates, and an éclair, so I was part of the international bit!

Culturally, there were some choirs and dancers, and it made for a fun afternoon. Who would have thought of chili dogs as an international food?!

No comments:

Post a Comment