Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week in Mairowa

March 13, 2012

This should have started yesterday, but…

Saturday our Joshua team had a great team outing at a safari lodge. I’d been there a couple of times, and really love their pool and quiet surroundings. I did loads of water aerobics, swam, we all had lunch, lounged around in the sun or shade, then finally packed up our cars ready to head for home. Even a movie that night, but during the movie I began to get really cold and turned on the heat in my car on the way home.

Sunday morning I began to have violent signs of stomach bug, but still had to get up at 5 to take Corinne and Joelle to the bus station, as it was their week to be in Kondoa. I barely made it home, fell into bed, and only woke up afterwards when my alarm went off for church. Promptly turned that off and slept another couple of hours. That’s how my whole day went: do some little thing like go downstairs for juice, then take a 2 hour nap. Take the sheets off my bed, lie down for an hour. In between were the trips to the bathroom. Sarah and I were supposed to leave for Mairowa yesterday morning, a 2 and ½ hour ride and about a century away! I couldn’t face the idea of the rough road or the bathroom facilities (!), so we called Isack and left this morning (Tuesday)instead. (Really good idea.)

I am 100% better today, and it was a good day – great trip, even saw giraffes and ostriches on the side of the road on the way here. It was so good seeing so many former and present students from JTTC, and seeing all the progress that’s been made in Mairowa. I spent most of my time in Class 3 (3rd grade) and really like them. Hilariously though, their science lesson was on cleaning the toilet and even included them cleaning the school toilets! How appropriate and timely!!

1 comment:

  1. Having fun could be easy but having fun and making yourself fit is much better than ever by just doing sports.Aerobics-Videos

    ReplyDelete