Me with my sponsored children

Me with my sponsored children
Me with my sponsored children

Saturday, March 17, 2012

What do I miss most?

What do I miss most?

I get asked that periodically by many different people, and after the given of family and friends, the answer varies on the circumstances of the latest week. This week, it’s Choices!

At dinner all this week, for instance, there has been NO choice – we ate whatever the girls running the little cafĂ© had prepared. This morning, when we were leaving there after breakfast, they asked us what we wanted for dinner. Isack said, “Not there are many choices.” The choices actually are: rice with meat and/or beans, chapatti with meat and/or beans, or ugali with meat or beans. That may sound like 6 choices, but it’s not like choosing between chicken, spaghetti, pizza, steak, salmon, shrimp, crab cakes, or salad! In Arusha there definitely are more choices: Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, steak, salads, sandwiches, burgers; but in the villages, it’s quite a different story! More like: dinner or no dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment